PureCloud for PureConnect
The PureCloud for PureConnect integration enables CIC administrators to set up a paired PureCloud environment entirely within the CIC Interaction Administrator that enables communication between CIC and PureCloud only users. PureCloud for PureConnect requires no manual configuration within PureCloud for basic implementations.
Several PureCloud for PureConnect features are available in Interaction Connect and Interaction Desktop:
- PureCloud Directory view
- Access to PureCloud Collaborate
- CIC co-browse (supported in CIC 2017 R2 or later)
- CIC web-based phone (supported in CIC 2017 R2 or later)
These features are supported for both On-Premise and Cloud. The CIC web-based phone requires a PureCloud Edge server on the customer’s premise.
For more information, see the PureCloud for CIC Administrator’s Guide.
The PureCloud for PureConnect integration is a requirement for all of the PureCloud for PureConnect features. The PureCloud for PureConnect integration is free to PureConnect customers and includes the PureCloud Directory view and PureCloud Collaborate features. Additional requirements, licensing, and fees apply to advanced features like CIC co-browse and CIC web-based phone.
PureCloud for PureConnect requires CIC 2016 R3 (initial phase) or later. Advanced features like CIC co-browse and CIC web-based phone require later versions of PureConnect.
CIC provides communication services to enable the PureCloud for PureConnect integration.
- The CIC service securely communicates with PureCloud to create a PureCloud organization for the CIC system. The CIC service provisions the PureCloud organization so that is paired and trusted for single sign-on, and configures Bridge connectors.
- The CIC service securely communicates with the CIC client to provide a single sign-on SAML assertion so that users can automatically log on to their PureCloud account.
- CIC starts the Bridge setup utility locally, which downloads, installs, and configures the PureCloud Bridge and Connectors on the IC server. (If you prefer, you can install the Bridge setup utility on a separate server.)
- The CIC service shares configurable user information with the Bridge’s CIC Data Connector using IceLib.
- The CIC service shares user status with the Bridge’s CIC Status Connector using IceLib.
Once the PureCloud for PureConnect integration is complete, the Bridge connected to the CIC system securely synchronizes gathered information to the paired PureCloud organization.
The CIC administrator completes the PureCloud for PureConnect configuration in a few simple steps in Interaction Administrator. Once the configuration process completes, the integration:
- Creates a PureCloud organization if one does not exist or uses an existing PureCloud organization.
- Creates a PureCloud Admin user with the email address and password that the administrator provides.
- Installs the PureCloud Bridge with default configuration locally to manage the data transfer between CIC and PureCloud.
After completion, the administrator can open PureCloud Admin directly from Interaction Administrator.
PureCloud for PureConnect automatically and continuously syncs CIC user information and statuses into its paired PureCloud organization. PureCloud for PureConnect syncs the following default CIC user information in the PureCloud organization:
- Display name (required for user to sync)
- Email address (required for user to sync)
- Business number
- Mobile phone
- Department name
- Status (supported in CIC 2016 R4 or later)
In order for CIC user information to replicate successfully in PureCloud, ensure that the required display names and email addresses are complete in Interaction Administrator.
When the administrator completes the PureCloud for PureConnect configuration, a Collaborate button is available in Interaction Desktop and Interaction Connect. CIC users can click the button to launch PureCloud Collaborate in a separate tab or browser and log into PureCloud automatically.
In CIC 2016 R4 or later, the PureCloud Directory view is available to add in Interaction Desktop and Interaction Connect. The PureCloud Directory view allows CIC users to see all PureCloud and CIC users in a single directory and view detailed user information. From the Directory view, CIC users can call, transfer calls to, and conference with other CIC users and PureCloud-only users that use PureCloud for telephony services.
In CIC 2017 R2 or later, the CIC co-browse feature is available in Interaction Connect. CIC co-browse enables two or more people to view and interact with the same webpage simultaneously. An Interaction Connect user can use the co-browse feature to give direct assistance to a visitor to your company’s website. With the consent of the website visitor, the agent can take full or limited control of the visitor’s view of the webpage and interact directly with it. At the same time, the agent can talk to or chat with the visitor.
In CIC 2017 R2 or later, the CIC web-based phone is available for Interaction Connect users. The CIC web-based phone enables Interaction Connect users to use a web browser on a computer as a SIP telephone. The CIC web-based phone uses WebRTC as the communication protocol. This feature eliminates the need to distribute, install, and configure a physical IP telephone for each agent or user, or to install a SIP soft phone application on PC’s.