Release notes for the PureCloud browser extensions
This article describes all releases for the PureCloud browser extensions (PureCloud for Chrome and PureCloud for Firefox).
These features are described in our documentation but are not yet generally available.
- WhatsApp interaction support
August 7, 2019
- Single sign-on identity provider functionality
Administrators can now configure the extensions to use a single sign-on identity provider when agents log in to the client: Configure the PureCloud browser extensions.
May 15, 2019
- Out of adherence notification
The client now notifies agents when their status does not match their scheduled activity: Out of adherence.
- Advanced microphone settings for WebRTC phones
Agents can now configure microphone settings in the client that may affect sound processing and audio quality: Configure advanced microphone settings for WebRTC phones.
- Agents without phones
Agents can now log in without first selecting a phone: Log in to the client.
- Outbound SMS message support
Agents can now send SMS messages on behalf of queues. Administrators can configure the default country code used for these SMS messages: Send an SMS message and Configure the PureCloud browser extensions.
- Consolidation of settings in the client menu
The Click-to-Dial and On Behalf of Queue settings now consolidated under Queue. The WebRTC Settings name abbreviated to WebRTC: Settings in the client menu.
- Manage PureCloud embedding
Administrators can restrict the embedding of PureCloud as an iframe in third-party applications but add domains for the PureCloud embedded clients to a whitelist: Manage PureCloud embedding with PureCloud embedded clients.
- Notifications setting
Agents can configure the client to show notifications outside the client when interactions alert: Configure notifications.
- Flag problematic calls
Agents can now flag calls and ACD voice interactions that have voice quality issues, such as deteriorated audio, unexpected disconnections, incomplete connections, and failed transfers: Call controls.
- Facebook, LINE, and Twitter interaction support
The integration now routes inbound Facebook, LINE, and Twitter interactions: About messages.
- Out of Office scheduling
Agents can now schedule Out of Office dates and times from the client: Change your status.
- Timer for non-time-boxed after-call work
Timer added to the Wrap-up window to show the amount of time spent on non-time-boxed after-call work: Wrap up an interaction.
- Caller ID support for outbound calls
- Initial release of PureCloud for Firefox: About the PureCloud browser extensions.
- Initial release of the new PureCloud for Chrome extension: Migrate to the new PureCloud for Chrome and About the PureCloud browser extensions.