Send emails using the myPureCloud.com domain and store copies of received messages
Using this method allows you to keep a copy of all inbound email messages in your own email system. In your email system, create email redirect rules to send incoming email messages to the yourAccountName.myPureCloud.com domain. Then, set up your PureCloud domain and email addresses in PureCloud Admin.
- Under Contact Center, click Email. The Manage Domains page opens.
- Click Add Domain. The Add Domain dialog box opens.
- In the Domain name box, type the email subdomain (for example, yourAccountName), which appends with .myPureCloud.com.
- Click Save. The email address page opens for the new domain.
- To add email addresses to the domain, follow the instructions in the next section, Add email addresses to the domain.
- Click Add email address. The Add Email Address page opens.
- In the Email Address box, type the email address to which your email server redirects the emails.
- Under Email Routing, select to route emails to a queue or to a flow.
- If you chose to route to a queue, do the following:
- Click the Queue list and choose the desired queue.
- In the Skills box, optionally add any ACD skills to ensure that associated emails route to an agent with matching skills.
- Click the Language list and optionally choose a language to ensure that associated emails route to an agent with a matching language.
- If you chose to route to a flow, click the Email Flow list and choose the desired flow.
- In the From Name box, optionally type the agent, department, or organization name that appears to the recipient when a representative responds to an email.
- In the Reply To box, optionally type the email address that appears when an agent responds to an email. Note: This address overrides the “Reply to” address the customer sees when replying to the original email.
- To add extra email addresses, click Add Email Address and repeat steps 1–7.
Your company’s name is Initech and you already have the email address support@Initech.com. If you want to continue using that email address, you can set up a redirect rule to send email from support@Initech.com to your PureCloud email domain, using an address like support@Initech.myPureCloud.com. If you set the Reply To value to be support@Initech.com in your PureCloud domain configuration, then your customers see that address in the reply-to field of the email messages that they receive from agents. The From field in email replies is support@Initech.myPureCloud.com.
In the PureCloud domain configuration, set up the email address record as:
|From Name||Customer Support|
|Reply To||(forwarding address)|
From: Customer Support <support@Initech.myPureCloud.com>
Reply To: support@Initech.com