Use substitutions in canned responses to include real-time, customer-specific information:
- Provide agents with personalized messages that help reduce resolution time
- Include personalized content in emails that automatically send as replies to inbound emails
The following canned substitutions are available for all interactions:
For example, you can include the AGENT_ALIAS substitution to include the agent’s alias in a canned response that any interaction uses.
Note: The names of the canned substitutions are not localized. This behavior ensures the substitutions work across all languages.
For example, an agent working in PureCloud’s Spanish user interface can insert AGENT_ALIAS into a canned response, but not a localized name such as AGENTO_ALIASO.
For more information about how your agents set their aliases, see Add an agent name and image for web chats.
You can create custom substitutions that address your specific business needs. To ensure substitution work, create the substitution and configure PureCloud to insert customer data automatically when an agent uses the canned response that includes the substitution.
- Add or edit the canned response and add the substitution.
- To configure a substitution in a call flow or an email flow, create the flow in Architect and configure the Set Participant Data action. This action provides the data for the substitution when the agent or email uses the response.
Note: In the Set Participant Data action, you must call the substitution by the name exactly as you defined it in Canned Responses.
- To configure a flow that automatically sends an email response to an inbound email, configure the Send Auto Reply action.
- To configure a chat flow that uses canned responses and substitutions, do not use Architect. Configure a Web Chat widget instead.