View the topology map for troubleshooting telephony
The topology world map displays troubleshooting details for your PureCloud telephony network. With world map topology, you can do several things:
- View a world map displaying your PureCloud telephony network, including sites, phones, Edges, and trunks.
- Drill down to sites, Edges, and other telephony objects to get details.
- See troubleshooting issues, such as offline and out-of-service Edges.
View the map
- Under Telephony, click Topology.
- Click and drag with your mouse to view different areas of the map.
- Scroll with your mouse or use the + and – minus keys on your keyboard to zoom in and out.
- Click on different telephony objects and blue links to reveal detail screens and other options.
- Find a site with the Find a Site search box.
Troubleshoot items that need attention
On the initial view of Topology, the Organization level view, potential problems and locations are listed. Follow the troubleshooting steps for the listed items.
|Sites lacking phone redundancy||
A site requires at least two Edges to establish phone redundancy.
|Sites with unused trunks||
The trunk is assigned to a site but not assigned to an Edge interface. See Configure a network interface for Edge, phone, and trunk communication. If a trunk is disabled on purpose, consider removing the trunk from the site.
|Sites with disabled routes||Put the outbound route in service with the Outbound Route State selector. If a route is disabled on purpose, consider deleting the route.|
|Edges are online, but out-of-service||Put the Edge in service. If you need to return an Edge, contact PureCloud Customer Care.|
|Edges are offline, but in-service||
|Edges are offline, and out-of-service||
|Edges are not finished provisioning||Locate your Edge model and follow the Setup Instructions.|
|Edges with unused trunks||
|We could not determine the map location of the following Sites|